The Story's of the Dawn

• Hallo mein lieber Pferdenfreunden!

Seit ihr fertig? Dann kommt mit mir mit! Ich geh zu den Sun at Dawn Stables.

[Ab hier gehts auf English, ich bin mir nicht so sicher von mein deutsch das ich alles in eure schprache schreiben soll.]

Well come along, it's quite a way to Veelerveen, a calm farmers village in Groningen. The people know each other by name and to visit the neighbours, you have to grab your bike. Room, calmth and nature, a thing you hardly find in the Netherlands. But here, in the North of the small Low Lands, there you find perfect peace and a lot of horses.
    The Sun at Dawn Stables are property of Pieter von den Perenbaum. The stables are none specialsed. Children come here to take lessons, people house their horses for payment, High level sport horses are trained and housed here and some of the horses have behavioural issues. Small, big, young, old, mare, stallion, pure breed or crossbreed, they have one thing in common. They have their home sweet home at the Sun at Dawn stables.

The Sun at Dawn Stables are home to Humans, Horses, Dogs, Cows, Sheep and Donkeys. It's properties are large, it incluides several stable buildings, a house for the owners, a stablecot, riding corals, two acres of forrest ground, a couple of large meadows and a few fields for planting crop. It would also be quite and understatement to say that Mr. Von den Perenbaum is rich. But he does not behave like it at all. Most rich people are aroogant, but not this man. He helps with the work in the stables without a single complaint. The stablehands call him Mr. Baum.
    Most of the stablehands are men. Their names are: Joost, Mathijs, Tom, Thijs, Mathies, Lars, Abel, Bas en Gerben
    The girls that work at the stables are: Tinka, Aafke, Dieuwertje and Susanne.
    Mr. Baum, of course, also has wife and kids. His wife is named Milaine and has a son from an earlyer marriage. His name is Niklas 'Nico' Riveros and he studies in Groningen city. Mr. Baum has two daughters from his own former marriage. A twin named Laura and Lieke.

Every day is a new day at the Sun of Dawn. Every day is a new adventure. With all those different horses, no day is the same.

I will try to write a new adventure every day, but I can make no promises. I can only hope that you'll have a great time here.

About our horses, humans and other animals you may read here: http://sunatdawnstables.weebly.com/ [Das ist noch nicht ganz fertig, aber ist doch ein wenig schön!]

[Es ware toll wenn das jemand übersetzen kann, dammit jeder es lesen kann und ich daraus auch noch besser deutsch lerne. :D ]

• 01-11-14

Hallo ihr lieben!
    Ich bin's, eurer Ichdust!

What a day it was today. So many things happened. First thing in the morning, when my human opened my stables, new reached my ears that we will have seven new arivals next week. Everyone is excited to meet the new one's. Our new stablesmates are going to have a warm welcome when they arive here. Especially Jaime and Visenya are anxiouse, they will get to meet their new mates. The only one who is not happy at all is Jaya. Two more of her sisters will move in with us. And she is not pleased with it. And if they are anything like Lalita, I can totally see why.
    But the new neighbours are not the only hot news. Although, this bit is something I will not tell with joy. You see, today the vet cam by to check on my sweet Philipah. He had some very bad news for the two of us. Philipah and I are both still pretty shaken by it. The vet said Philipah was no longer pregnant with my foal. Somewhere between last checkup and the beginning of this week, her body had rejected the embry. The moment she heard it, Philipah's ears started hanging, she radiated pure sadness. She was so joyful that we were going to have a foal, but now her dearest wish had popped like a bubble of soap. My human was very sweet to her, giving her some pieces of peppermind. And she promised that next time Philipah would fall pregnant, she would make sure the foal would live. She hid it well, my human, but she was very sad too.
    Fortunately what happened later that day lifted our heavy hearts at least a little. It was after training and Philipah and I were tied up in the washing place to recieve a good grooming from my human, Tinka and her very good friend Joost. I love brushing and attention, so I closed my eyes and enjoyed the moment. That was, until opur ears perked, hearing small hooves down the hall. The small hooves had a slow pace. Philipah whinnied curiousely. She was answered with a high pitch whicker. A foal was on the loose. Joost walked out to catch it, but ended up chasing it into our part of the hall. It was little Dante who had escaped his mothers watchful eye. he was now playfully running through the hall, with Joost on his heels. He was in no way planning on letting the large stablehand catch him just yet. Philipah and I enjoyed watching Dante prance and buck to make sure Joost didn't catch him. It tired him out after a while and he got hungry too. Philipah got a bit too happy as Dante poked his nose under her belly, hoping she could offer him a little snack. It was then that Tinka surprised the poor Dante with a halter and took him away.

Such a day today, a run away foal, new neighbours and bad new. More tomorow.
    Hab euch ganz doll lieb!

• 02-11-14

Hallo Ihr Lieben!
    Ich Bin's, eurer Icedust!

Today is a sunday. That is a day humans seem to like it to tell other humans what to do. Or what not to do. This morning, as Tinka was mucking out our stable, Philipah and I stood, looking on from the paddocks. And then something strange happened. A thing I cannot understand. An elderly couple walked onto the drive way and right past us. The dogs barked at them loudly, but they ignored the dogs and went into the stables. The lady told my human that it was a sin to do work on the day of the Lord. To that, Tinka laughed and asked the lady if she than had to let us sleep in dirty bed and give us no food. AND THE LADY SAID YES! Isn't that one barbaric human, let us sleep on dirty straw and give us no food on sunday. The nerve of that female!
    The couple were soon told to leave by Niklas, he even told them he would call the police if they didn't go away. And so with the rude intruiders gone, I was able to do a little research as to who this Lord human is. I first went to Bombur, he is an old and wise pony, so I figured he would know. That is, after having escaped from the paddock, with Philipah following close behind me. I went over to the shetland stables and nickered until Bombur came for me. "Bofur," I asked him, "can you tell me about the Lord?." Fat old Bombur shook his head. "I can't help you there Icedust, the ways of the humans have never become clear to me." He whickered. "Who knows?" I asked him. "Try asking Gandalf, or maybe Gabriel." Bombur adviced me. "Thank Bombur!" I whinnied before I trotted off.
    It was a miracle that Tinka hadn't come to put me back in the paddock by now, mabye she understood my curiousity. I went to Gandalf next and with him I hit jackpot. "Open my stable for me, young one and I shall tell you who The Lord is. But I tell no stories without a carrot and an apple in my belly." Gandalf whickered. I opened his stable with quite some easy and then followed him to the saddlecot, where out humans also keep all the yummy snacks. And to think they think we don't know. We might be prey animals, but we are not stupid. When Gandalf was finsihed with an apple and two carrots, I repeated my question. "The Lord is for the humans what Alma is for us. He watches over them from the clouds." Gandalf answered. "But Gandalf, Alma is not in the clouds, Alma is in the earth." To demonstrate, Philipah stammped her hoof on the floor of the saddlecot. "No, my dear child, Alma is everywhere, in your heart, in the water and even in the apple. Alma is everything." Gandalf said wisely. "But why is The Lord in the sky and why does he think it is a sin to work on sundays?" I nickered. "Why he is in the sky..? I think that gives humans the impression he'll take care of them..." Gandalf snorteled. "But I can't tell you why he doesn't want people to work on sundays." With that Gandalf slowly walked off, back to his stables. Philipah and I went back to the paddock, but on our way we discovered our stable opened and all clean. So we went in and calmly hoped Tinka wouldn't be angry with us.

• I just tried to translate the first part :D

Nun kommt, es ist ein langer Weg nach Veelereen, ein ruhiges Bauerndorf in Groningen.
    Die Leute kennen einander beim Namen und wenn du die Nachbarn
    besuchen willst, kannst du mit dem Fahrrad fahren. Raum, Ruhe und
    Natur, Dinge die man nur schwer finden kann in den Niederlanden. Aber
    hier, im Norden von den kleinen Tiefländern (?), findest du den
    perfekten Frieden und viele Pferde.

Die Sun at Dawn Stables sind das Eigentum von Pieter von den Perenbaum. Der Reitstall
    ist nicht spezialisiert. Kinder kommen her um Reitstunden zu nehmen,
    Pferdebesitzer stellen ihre Pferde ein, hochqualifizierte Sportpferde
    werden hier trainiert und untergebracht und manche von den Pferden
    haben Verhaltensstörungen. Klein, groß, jung, alt, Stute, Hengst,
    reinrassig oder Mischling, sie alle haben etwas gemeinsam. Sie haben
    alle ihr trautes Heim in den Sun at Dawn Stables.

Die Sun at Dawn Stables sind das Zuhause von Menschen, Pferden, Hunden, Kühen,
    Schafen und Eseln. Die Anlage ist riesig, sie enthält mehrere
    Stallgebäude, ein Haus für die Besitzer, ein (stablecot???) ,
    (riding corals???), zwei Hektar Wald, einige große Wiesen und ein
    paar Felder um Futter anzupflanzen. Es wäre eine ziemliche
    Untertreibung zu sagen Mr. Von den Perenbaum sei reich. Aber er
    verhält sich nicht so. Die meisten reichen Leute sidn arrogant, aber
    nicht dieser Mann. Er hilft bei der Arbeit im Stall ohne sich auch
    nur ein mal zu beschweren. Die Stallhelfer nennen ihn Mr. Baum.
    Die meisten Stallhelfer sind Männer. Sie heißen Joost, Mathijs, Tom, Thijs,
    Mathies, Lars, Abel, Bas en Gerben.
    Die Mädchen die im Stall arbeiten heißen Tinka, Aafke, Dieuwertje und Susanne.

Mr. Baum hat natürlich auch Frau und Kinder. Seine Frau heißt Milaine und sein
    Sohn von seiner früheren Ehe heißt Niklas 'Nico' Riveros und
    studiert in der Stadt von Groningen. Mr. Baum hat auch zwei Töchter
    aus einer früheren Ehe. Es sind Zwillinge namens Laura und Lieke.

Jeder Tag ist ein Neuer Tag im Reitstall und jeder Tag ein neues Abenteuer. Mit all den
    verschiedenen Pferden ist kein Tag der selbe.

Ich werde versuchen jeden Tag ein neues Abenteuer zu erzählen, aber ich kann es nicht
    versprechen. Ich kann nur hoffen das ihr hier eine tolle Zeit haben
    werdet.

"Wer in einem gewissen Alter nicht merkt, dass er von Idioten umgeben ist, merkt es aus einem gewissen Grunde nicht." ~Curt Goetz